Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Twitter Etiquette

Are you on Twitter? I actually just got a Twitter account a couple of weeks ago (I'm behind the times, I know) and all I have to say is "Man do people tweet a lot!" I think you would literally have to be logged on to Twitter and staring at it for 24 hours a day to be able to keep up with all that is going on with the people I'm following. I found an article written by Margaret Mason, a writer for The Morning News, about Twitter etiquette that I think that everyone on Twitter should read. And I mean EVERYONE! It's not so much about what you should do on Twitter as it is about what you shouldn't do, and I completely agree with every point she makes. I don't need to know about every little detail of you daily life like the fact that you just ate a whole quart of Ben & Jerry's Chunky Monkey, or that you and your significant other just saw the new Twilight movie. Some parts of your life are best kept private and your friends might not want you telling everyone about their life either. So watch what you tweet because its out there for everyone to see. Permanently! Another thing that has been bothering me since I hopped on the Twitter bandwagon is that there are so many @thispersons and #whatevers. I think some people are trying to make their tweets as complicated as possible. Sometimes, and it may just be because I'm new at this, its like reading hieroglyphics. These are a few points that Ms. Mason brings up in her article along with many others. You can read the rest for yourself at this link.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment