Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Google Reader

Well, yesterday was the first time that I’ve ever used Google Reader, and all I have to say is that I am impressed and wondering why I haven’t found out about this sooner! Being able to bring all of my favorite sites to one page so that I can surf all of them at the same time is probably the most awesome thing that I’ve been able to do online since the invention of Facebook. There are a lot of things that I like about Google Reader and only a couple of things that I don’t, but first I’ll tell you about the good. 

As I said before, being able to bring your favorite sites to one page is amazing. Now instead of going to one web page to another, I can view all the new posts and information from each page at one time and chose what I want to check out. It saves time and effort and not enough can be said about that. Also, I love how easy it is to use. It’s so simple to add a page or delete it and if you like an article, all you have to do is “star” it and you can easily find it again. 

One of the things that I didn’t like about Google Reader is that once you subscribe to a few sites, you have a ton of items on your feed. It can be a little overwhelming at first to log on and see that you have 40 something new posts to go through. The only other thing that I found that I didn’t like about Google Reader was that it was rather bland. It reminds me a little too much of looking at my email account. Sometimes, I think it might be better just to go to the site itself and see it how it was intended to look. Overall though, I think Google Reader is an awesome tool and I plan to use it often.

No comments:

Post a Comment