Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Digg

Digg is a site that I am rather familiar with and like. Basically, what Digg does, is it brings all types of new articles and blogs together for users to read. After reading an article, readers are allowed to "digg it" if they enjoyed it. If enough people "digg" an article, it shows up on the homepage as a top story. I really like the way this works.

Its not like your traditional news. If you get a newspaper, a lot of people don't even use them anymore, or go to an online news site like CNN.com, you probably won't read half of the articles because they just don't interest you. But Digg is different, because readers vote on articles. The articles that you see are liked by hundreds of people, and chances are that you will like them too. I especially feel like Digg is better for people around my age. Because people from my generation use the Internet more than any other, and therefore use Digg more than any other generation, Digg presents me with articles that are important to me and my peers, and not just my 82 year old grandmother. If I look at a newspaper, I will probably read the titles of the headlines and then flip straight to the sports section. After the sports, I head to the cartoon section, and then into the trash it goes. And the same goes with online news websites that follow the same format. With Digg, when I get online I will read 6 or 7 articles that interest me.

If you haven't checked it out yet, I highly suggest that you do. I think you'll like it. Here's the link.
digg.com

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment